X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terhune Tomato

So, in the intervening years I have sent out tons of packets of seeds of this tomato. I have received some feedback, but would love to hear from everyone who tried it.

http://forums.seedsavers.org/showthread.php?t=657

Tom

Originally posted by darwinslair View Post
    So, in the intervening years I have sent out tons of packets of seeds of this tomato. I have received some feedback, but would love to hear from everyone who tried it.

http://forums.seedsavers.org/showthread.php?t=657

Tom
    Tom, I'd love to give you some feedback for this variety but unfortunately I was not a recipient of even one of the "tons" of seed packets you sent out.

Comment

<smile> I am happy to send you anything I have.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by darwinslair View Post
        <smile> I am happy to send you anything I have.

Tom
        Got your PM and responded.

Anything you have you'd send me? To me that means non-tomato items as well so I'll give some thought to that.

Comment

What else are you interested in?

I have three small children, 4 cats, dozens of goldfish........<wink>

seriously, what else are you interested in? I have quite a few short/cold season crops that I have or am trialing. If you want some corn, squashes or beans I am happy to send some this fall.

Tom

Comment

Those tomatoes sound so interesting. Have you eaten them this year? Are they as good as the first ones?

Oh, and hi, I'm brand new to the forum

Comment

They are good. Have had a ton of rain these last few weeks, and they didnt get watery at all. Still wonderful, still growing and setting fruit.

Tom

Comment

Tom, I haven't had any ripe ones yet, but did pick two blushing Terhunes that I brought into the house. Haven't eaten any ripe Earl's Faux or Brandywine Sudduths or Cowlicks either, but I think in the next week all should start turning.

However, I can comment on the Lauerer you sent me also. What a nice little tomato! I'm not a fan of cherry or small tomatoes, but the pearly pink little egg shaped darlings are so pretty. And the smooth, meaty texture and sweet taste are delightful. Very good fresh, but I bet they would make a killer tomato sauce since they have the density of a paste tomato.

Comment

The Lauerer are a fantastic paste tomato, and taste great too. If there is any downside, it is that you need so many of them. But yesterday I picked a gallon and a half from 6 plants, and with the thin skins, just give them a pop in the blender before cooking them down and the skins evaporate.

They will produce well until they freeze out too. They have been very cold tolerant for me.

Tom

Comment

these sound good- not listed on Tatianas Tomatobase yet- are they as productive as last year?
                    do you have pics of the laurerer?

Comment

Carol Knapp is offering Terhune commercially this year! <smile> kinda proud, my first introduction to go commercial.

http://knapps-fresh-vegies.netfirms....eeds-2011.html

see new in 2011

Tom

Comment

Suze is going to offer it in the SSE catalog as well

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by garnetmoth View Post
                          these sound good- not listed on Tatianas Tomatobase yet- are they as productive as last year?
                          do you have pics of the laurerer?
                          <sigh> I really gotta get better at taking photos of all my tomatoes to post. There are quite a few photos of tomatoes on my facebook profile. Not sure if I have lauerer there. Send me an invite at Tom Kleffman and mention tomatoes so I add you.

Comment

Gonna be trying this one this year.A last min addition to the list.Looking forward to seeing how it does here in Michigan.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                            X